2.12.2009

Roy Oswalt is Most Likely on Steroids

Roy Oswalt voiced his hatred of Alex Rodriguez and other steroid users today. Here are some quotes taken from the mlb.com interview.

"A-Rod's numbers shouldn't count for anything. I feel like he cheated me out of the game."

"It does bother me. Especially for the guys that went out there and did it on talent. We're always going to have a cloud on us, and that's not fair."

"The ones that have come out and admitted it, and are proven guilty, [their numbers] should not count. I've been cheated out of the game," Oswalt continued. "This is my ninth year, and I've done nothing to enhance my performance, other than work my butt off to get guys out. These guys [who took PEDs] have all the talent in the world. All-Star talent. And they put times two on it.

"I'm going out there with the ability God gave me. They have that ability, too, and they're putting something on top of it."

As a Ranger, Rodriguez was 3-for-5 vs. Oswalt with two doubles, one home run, three RBIs and two walks. Last year, as a Yankee, Rodriguez was hitless in two at-bats against Oswalt. ~mlb.com.

"The few times we played them, when he got hits, it could have cost me a game," Oswalt said. "It could have cost me money in my contract. He cheated me out of the game and I take it personally, because I've never done [PEDs], haven't done it, and they're cheating me out of the game."

It is also mentioned in the article that Roy is willing to give former teammate Roger Clemens the benefit of the doubt because many details surrounding the case are "suspicious."

I can understand why you're a bit irked Roy, but let's just calm down for a second. I can't imagine how upset you're going to be when they release the names of the other 103 players that tested positive for illegal substances in 2003, many of them surely your teammates and friends, and who knows, maybe even you or you're children. Be careful Roy. We're watching you.

One thing is certain. You have earned the nickname the Hillbilly from The Red Scare for saying the phrase, "The guys [who took PEDs] have all the talent in the world. All-Star talent. And they put times two on it." Truly awesome. And just to clarify, if Alex Rodriguez really "put times two" on his talent, he should've hit at least 80 HRs a year from 2001-2003.

2 comments:

  1. Roy Oswalt earned the right to be called "The Hillbilly" along time ago. Anyone that fishes by throwing sticks of dynamite in a lake and scooping up the fish when they float to the surface has certainly more than earned that moniker. I do agree with his take on steroids though. I think admitted steroid users should be banned for a long time. I would be interested to see the other 103 names on that list. I wonder why they aren't being released?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true about Roy's previous Hillybillishness. I think that by banning all admitted steroid users, no one will admit in the future, and that is already a problem today. I think if the MLB says, "come on out, it's okay, we won't hurt you," then we can get past this quickly. Name the names. It's no secret anymore.

    ReplyDelete