4.09.2009

SERIES 1 RECAP!!!

Series
Mets 2-1

Overall
Reds 1-2
Mets 2-1

Rundown
4/6--Mets 2, Reds 1 (the Mets cheated)
4/8--Mets 9, Reds 7 (the Mets cheated)
4/9--Reds 8, Mets 6 (kicked their ass)

If this series were a novel, the last sentence would read...
And so they began their quest, cold and damp and stained, on the back of the one called Joseph Daniel Votto.

Reds.com fan post of the series (tie)
I never doubted the reds one bit. I always say they are going to win. I called the Bronson win earlier. I knew that we would not get swept. Like I said before trading Jeff Kep was stupid. He could hit, better than most on the team, and his defense was phanominal. Just believe fans. hopefully queto can bring us a win. THE REDS WON!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Votto.

The bullpen didnt blow it the shortstop did he made one great play and then missed one right to him should have been a double play take 3 away 7 to 6 reds win.

The Cast
Arthur Rhodes as Your Daddy
Joey Votto as The Rake
Jay Bruce as Uncredited Guy who falls down for no reason
Willy Taveras as Flu Bug Johnson
Jerry Hairston Jr. as...no wait, I'm sorry, Jerry won't be here today
Darnell McDonald as The Castaway
Alex Gonzalez as Erin Errorickson of Overratown

Fortune Cookie
If one grooves the first pitch, take not.

Completely Unrelated Baseball Quote of the Series

"I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it." ~Rogers Hornsby

New Drinking Game
When Chris Welsh says, "Check up from the neck up."

What I saw, heard, felt, smelled, tasted
Votto ballin' out of control. Bruce looking like a kid...oh wait. Willy Taveras as advertised. Edwin patient at the plate, and even Brandon too, kinda. Arthur Rhodes toying with batters. Coco zipping up the mouths of all those Spring Training haters (almost everyone but me). Defensive abandonment, notably for Edinson, who looked terrifyingly average.

Metaphorical Image of the Series

No comments:

Post a Comment