1.30.2009

Josh Hamilton's Love Affair with God, and also the Baby Jesus

"How am I here? I can only shrug and say, 'It's a God thing.' It's the only possible explanation."

"It's amazing that God allowed me to keep my baseball talents after I sat out three years and played only 15 games last season in A-ball."

"I get cravings sometimes, and I see it as the devil trying to catch me in a weak moment."

"And on this particular night, a little boy of about 9 or 10, wearing a Reds cap, handed me a pen and something to sign. Nothing unusual there, but as I was writing the boy said, 'Josh, you're my savior.' This stopped me. I looked at him and said, 'Well, thank you. Do you know who my savior is?' He thought for a minute. I could see the gears turning. Finally, he smiled and blurted out, 'Jesus Christ.' He said it like he'd just come up with the answer to a test. 'That's exactly right,' I said."

"I was completely desperate for God. For the first time in my life, I was just desperate for Him. I needed Him. I needed every bit of Him I could get. There was nothing in me that could get me through that time. I would be in my car praying for him, and it was just like I could feel God right there with me just bringing me so much peace and joy in the midst of a complete disaster."

"People think there are coincidences in life. There are no coincidences when God’s got a plan. It’s nothing I did except try to make the right choices and let God take over from there. There’s one solid and permanent way out of it, and that’s finding the Lord Jesus Christ and accepting Him."

Article from Great Christian Life: God uses Josh Hamilton to display His love and glory.

That will be all for now, but rest assured, Willy Taveras is giving this whole prayer thing a second thought.

Just thought of one last thing--how ironic would that be if Edinson Volquez was an atheist?

1 comment:

  1. Hamilton's Jesus love is going to ruin his inevitable biopic film.

    ReplyDelete